Friday, May 28, 2010

Doctor Well Checks

This morning I took both boys to the doctor for their 1 month and 18 month appointments.  Me, alone with my double wide awesome new stroller, which came in very handy.  When it was Evan's turn for weight check, I strapped Jack into the stroller with just a diaper on.  It was a cute site and my only option, since I wasn't about to have him crawl around on the floor or take a dive off the exam table.  He looked so cute there with only a diaper and not a care in the world.  Sorry I don't have a picture.  Then of course when it was Jack's turn, Evan whaled the whole time.  I kept having to lean in close to the doc, just so I could hear what he was saying.  It turns out though, I am not crazy and Evan DOES have colic.  It's nice to have an explanation, even though there is no cure besides time.  Evan should be much happier and less stressed/cranky in 12 -15 weeks they say.  God only hopes!  Five down, ten to go. 

Here are the stats for the day.  Both boys are growing like weeds!
Jack: 30 3/4" tall, 23lbs (he's on the typical growth charts - go Jack!)
Evan: 21 7/8" tall, 10lbs

I looked back at Jack's weight and he wasn't 10lbs until 3 months old (wowwa!), but they were the same height at 1 month old.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love diaper only time! It really is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had colic, it's so hard, I feel for you! With her she gradually started crying less and less and by 3 1/2 months it was only for about 15 minutes before we put her to bed at 6:30. It does go away! Glad the boys are growing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's up advertising!

    sorry about the colic thing. i'm pretty sure Isa had it too. it's so hard.

    i liked the mental image of Jack in the stroller with his diaper on. super cute.

    ReplyDelete