My new friend over at Unforeseen Gifts nominated me for the "Beautiful Blogger" award. Erin and I met through this magical world of blogging. She also has a beautiful son with Down syndrome. Her daughter is quite adorable too of course! Thank you SO much, Erin. That is very sweet of you to consider Happy Jack as a beautiful blog.
Here are the "Beautiful Blogger" award rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
Seven interesting things about me...
1. I grew up in Kansas from fifth grade on. Every time we traveled on vacation, people always asked if we owned a television and lived on a farm. The answers are of course YES to the television and NO to the farm.
2. I love my big expanded immediate family (Mom, step-dad, Dad, step-Mom, sister, step-sister, step-brothers, half-brother and half-sister) and of course all the in-laws too! This is why I want four kids. I love big families. The more the merrier!
3. I learned to sew in 7th grade Home Ec class. Back then I made scrunchies and pillows, sassy I know. These days I like to make cute applique shirts for my son. My Mom also helped me out by giving me my natural sewing abilities.
4. I rarely get sick (knock on wood). The first ever antibiotic I took was after I gave birth to Jack.
5. I love meeting new people and making new friends. It probably helped having to make new friends in each city we moved (Illinois, Texas, Connecticut and Kansas). I especially love all the Moms I have met through my perfect son Jack with that extra special chromosome. I truly believe these Moms I have grown so close to (and you know who you are) will be in my life forever.
6. I met my husband at the only interview and only company I got offered a job after I graduated from college. He sat at the desk right next to me and we shared a center island work area. At first he thought I was snooty. And I thought he was obnoxious. Obviously we both changed our initial first impression and I am very thankful they hired me!
7. And last but not least......today is my birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
And here are my nominations for the "Beautiful Blogger" award.
Christi at Ni Modo Todo
Jennifer at The Kang Family
Laurie at Days with Dylan
Sara at Extra Smiles...Extra Giggles...Extra Love
Melanie at Baeten Family
Adrienne at Our Unexpected Journey
Kate at Life with Lauren