Friday, July 23, 2010

What's in a Name?

This is my Great Uncle Evan.  That's me on the end wearing my little Evan at my Great Uncle Evan's 90th Birthday party.  I think you can guess where we got our Evan's name from.  When he's older, we will likely call him Van, just like his Great Great Uncle's nickname.  My Great Uncle Evan is 100% Greek and doesn't he just LOOK like the coolest guy ever?  And he is!


And not to leave anyone out, that is my beautiful Great Aunt Matina next to him and handsome Grandpa Francis.


Another reason why Evan was the perfect name (besides it seeming fit because of the serious looks he already gives) was because of the name meaning.  John means "God is Gracious.'  Jack means 'God is Gracious' and not to leave anyone out, Evan means 'God is Gracious."

 Just perfect if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment