Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Aqua Therapy

After a four month long wait list, we finally got to start Aqua Therapy with an OT today. I wish I had a picture to show you how cute Jack was, but I didn't know how comfortable OT Monica would feel about that. Jack and OT Monica had the indoor pool all to themselves. I sat on the sidelines dressed in my swim suit, just in case I needed to participate too. He was SO cute to watch. Him in his little orange trunks and winter rosy cheeks and me watching on like a proud Momma. He splashed, kicked his legs, worked on putting pressure on his legs and feet, got to float on this cool raft, played with water toys, practiced being on all fours and Monica sang to him the whole time. She said he is very tolerant and did great. It was a fun 30 minutes to watch and I look forward to next week....I think Jack does too.

On a side note, this blog I follow (Our Unexpected Journey) posted this great entry. October is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month and the goal is to make people more aware and accepting of Down syndrome. Please click HERE to read her post. It has some great facts and information you might not be aware of.

3 comments:

  1. that's so cool. i bet jack loves the water. jimmy is jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to know more about DS on the site. I grew up with a cousin who had DS, Kenny...so it will be interesting to read on the latest medical information on this subject!

    Have fun...Mom and Jack days (daddy,too)!

    Aunt Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I've never heard of Aqua therapy. Joel just started his first parented swimming lessons and he just loves the water!

    ReplyDelete